it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

An Unexpected Visit

 Earlier this year, before I made my trip to England with mom, I got an awesome surprise! Handsome bought me a plane ticket to come and visit him in Wisconsin. He was going to be there for a week as a groomsman in a friend's wedding and decided that since he had some time off from his job, that I should come and visit him! :) I was of course more than okay with that :) Truly the majority of our days were filled up with spending a lot of time with the wedding party, which was great! I loved the chance to get to know some of his friends and even better the chance to meet his grandparents. While we were there, we both stayed with his Grammy and Grandpa John which was awesome. They were both so sweet and it was great to get to see the places and faces that Handsome has been talking about this whole time :)

It was great to get to spend all of that time with Handsome. Especially after a month of not being together. It had already seemed like a very long summer so I was ready for the chance to spend a couple days with him. :) We had such a fun time together just hanging out and laughing and talking and catching up. He even took me out for a great dinner by the pier, and I'll be honest it is very difficult for me to believe that "Lake" Michigan, is a lake... I'm sorry but any body of water that is big enough to alter weather patterns is too big to be considered a lake..

The wedding was great, and put together so well. I think honestly one of my favorite parts of the whole thing was the building that the reception was in. It was this really great art deco building that was put together in the 1930's. The one major drawback though... no AC! I'm sorry, I don't really care what you say, but a stone building, more or less completely sealed (did I mention there were windows only on 1 side?), with over 100 people crammed inside, with dancing... all of that adds up to one very HOT room. Not to mention this poor Colorado girl was about to drown in all of that Wisconsin humidity. :)


Handsome, myself, and the happy couple Jeremy and Elise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment